ABX Air Community Involvement
The same commitment to customer service that has created loyalty among our customers also has been present in ABX Air's commitment to being a good corporate citizen.
By holding fund drives, making corporate donations, sponsoring charitable activities, and encouraging employee participation, ABX Air makes an important difference for the quality of life in the communities where it is based.
Annual Charity Drive
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- United Way of Clinton County
- Local food pantries in Clinton County
Employees of ABX Air contribute to thecharities listed above during the company's annual fall charity drive. In 2015, they pledged over $90,000.
Support for Our Troops and Veterans
ABX Air is proud to offer support to its employees on active duty in the U.S. armed forces and to their family members. Employees returning from active duty are welcomed home by an ABX Air Patriotic Committee. ABX Air has many employees who are veterans of military service.
American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Clinton County
ABX Air is a corporate sponsor of the American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Clinton County and has been a purple award team for several years.
Donations to Capital Campaigns
ABX Air has donated to several capital campaigns:
ABX Air is active in local County Fairs purchasing livestock, sponsoring trophies and banners, and helping local kids learn about responsibility and commitment to teamwork.
The employees of ABX Air are concerned for the victims of catastrophes and natural disasters. [more]
In the past year, ABX Air has provided monetary and/or in-kind support for academic, athletic, and social programs at the following schools:
- Blanchester Schools
- Chatfield College
- Clinton-Massie Schools
- East Clinton Schools
- Hillsboro Schools
- Lynchburg-Clay Schools
- Southern State Community College
- Wilmington City Schools
- Wilmington College
ABX Air encourages the professional development of its employees. Through its tuition reimbursement program, ABX Air offers support to its employees who are going back to school.
Other Charitable Support
ABX Air supports many other local charitable organizations and events throughout the year including:
- 4C for Children
- 4th of July celebrations
- Area parks and memorials
- Big Brother/Big Sisters
- Blanchester Library
- Clarksville Historical Society
- Clinton County Business Advisory Council scholarships
- Clinton County Community Action
- Clinton County Community Day / Banana Split Festival
- Clinton County Homeless Shelter
- Clinton County Leadership Institute
- Clinton County Rails to Trails
- Clinton County Shrine Club
- Clinton County YMCA Partners for Youth
- Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Day of Caring
- Earth Day
- Fishing Has No Boundaries
- Highland County Society for Children and Adult
- Local Knothole Baseball
- Make a Difference Day
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Optimists Club fireworks
- Senior Citizen Dinner / American Legion
- Special Olympics
- Veterans' newsletter
- Vince Lombardi Dinner
- Wilmington Public Library
- Wilmington Rotary Club
- Wilmington's historic Murphy Theatre
- Your Father's Kitchen
Being a good corporate citizen is a full-time job. Encouraging employees to be involved in the quality of their community is important. Supporting communities through donations and employee involvement helps build stronger communities, ones in which ABX Air will thrive.